Asbestos lurks in more places than you’d think.
23-29 November was Asbestos Awareness Week, so we're encouraging our members to be more aware of asbestos when doing work, or even in your home.
If a house was built or renovated before 1990, there is a good chance it has some asbestos.
Did you know it’s often found lagging around pipes, inside fuse boxes or as part of ventilation shafts?
Read More >
Reminder: Remediate your infinity cables before it's too late
Infinity cables imported by Infinity Cable Co Pty Ltd were recalled nationally in 2013 after they failed electrical safety standards due to poor quality plastic insulation coating. This could cause electric shock if the cabling is disturbed.Read More >
Switching cubicle explodes in residential area
A Safety Reminder for Members
In 2017, the life of Brisbane handyman Stephen Viner was cut tragically short when he entered a flooded basement to check on malfunctioning pumps.
When a Coroner's report found his death was caused by improperly decommissioned electrical equipment, Stephen's daughter-in-law reached out to share his story — hoping it could serve as a warning, and protect others working with electricity from the fate that befell Stephen.
--Read More >
Cbus Insurance: PMIF Exemption for Dangerous Occupations
Bushfire smoke alert
Safety alert: Mobile elevated work platforms
Good news for lift industry workers
There are plenty of ups on for lift mechanics.Read More >
10 days domestic violence leave
This is why safety is important
Safety is absolute number one priority in our trades. It comes before anything else.
Read More >