Asbestos lurks in more places than you’d think.
23-29 November was Asbestos Awareness Week, so we're encouraging our members to be more aware of asbestos when doing work, or even in your home.
If a house was built or renovated before 1990, there is a good chance it has some asbestos.
Did you know it’s often found lagging around pipes, inside fuse boxes or as part of ventilation shafts?
Read More >
Reminder: Remediate your infinity cables before it's too late
Infinity cables imported by Infinity Cable Co Pty Ltd were recalled nationally in 2013 after they failed electrical safety standards due to poor quality plastic insulation coating. This could cause electric shock if the cabling is disturbed.Read More >
Switching cubicle explodes in residential area
Bushfire smoke alert
RED SAFETY ALERT - 812 EWP Pistol Grip Control Failure
Warning on EWP Pistol Grip Control Failure.Read More >
Safety alert: Mobile elevated work platforms
SAFETY ALERT: Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs)
SAFETY ALERT: Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs)Read More >
Why Mates in Energy matters in our workplaces
It’s more prevalent than many realise, affecting one in three people.Read More >
Safety Alert - 18M GMJ Elevated Work Platforms
There has been an incident in SA involving injuries to an employee that occurred as a result of a failure of an EWP.
Read More >
ASBESTOS PRESENT IN ROBIN JOHNSON SWITCH ROOMS
This alert has been generated to ensure that all sites in Australia are aware of the risks associated with switch rooms supplied by a South Australian manufacturer, Robin Johnson Engineering Pty Ltd, which contain imported cement floor sheeting that contains asbestos. The Electrical Trades Union has been informed that there are 64 of these buildings across Australia.Read More >