- The ‘Win $5,000 of Fuel for 2017’ is provided by the Electrical Trades Union of Australia National Council t/a Communications Electrical Plumbing Union (ABN 60 429 406 804) of Suite 408, 30-40 Harcourt Parade, Rosebery NSW 2018 ('Promoter'). These Terms and Conditions (including without limitation the information on how to enter and the prize details which we publish in relation to the competition) apply to the competition. By entering the competition, you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all financial members of the Promoter’s registered state and territory counterparts, who are residents of Australia and over the age of 18, as of the date of entry ('Eligible Entrants').
- Employees, and their families, of the Promoter, any official, officer (however described) or employees, and their families, of the Promoter’s registered state and territory counterparts are not eligible to enter this competition. For the purpose of this competition, family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- The competition commences on [01/12/2016] and closes at 11:45pm AEST [27/01/2017] (‘the Promotion Period’). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or submitted after the closing date of the Promotion Period will not be considered. The Promoter's declaration in relation to any aspect of the draw is final and binding on each entrant. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry to the competition is free (excluding Internet connection charges) and limited to one entrance per eligible entrant.
- The competition is a prize draw which is entered into via the Promoter’s website on a page, or pages, that have been constructed specifically for the purpose of this competition. The prize consists of $5,000 pre-loaded onto a cash card that can be used solely for the purpose of purchasing fuel at a fuel chain of the Promoter’s choosing. The prize must be redeemed in full before 30/01/2018; the prize is neither transferable nor exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If the prize or any part of the prize provided by the Promoter cannot, in the opinion of the Promoter, be provided for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize to the same value as that part of the prize being replaced.
- The promoter will contact the prize winner via telephone and email within 5 business days of winning their prize to confirm their address details and delivery of their prize. The winner will have their details published in the first edition of the Promoter’s magazine following the draw.
Exclusions, liability, severability and governing law
- The winner releases the Promoter from and indemnifies the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failures, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration or non-receipt of entrant's communications. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions or any failure of any Internet communication to be received by the Promoter. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any damage to any entrant's (or any other person's) computer resulting from or otherwise relating to participation in this competition.
- The Promoter may terminate or cancel your entry in the competition immediately in our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these conditions.
- The Promoter is not liable for any failure to comply with these conditions. If any part or provision in these conditions is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, that part or provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force.
- These conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Promoter as to its subject matter. By entering the competition, you accept that this agreement is to be interpreted, and any disputes are to be determined by the courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales, in accordance with the laws in force in New South Wales from time to time, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority.
Your personal information and privacy
- As a result of you entering the competition, the Promoter will collect certain personal information about you, such as your telephone number. This information may be used to:
i) send you news, information about your union, other promotions and/or general campaigning material which we believe may be of interest to you;
ii) provide you with news, information and material in relation to the competition;
iii) monitor who is entering the competition;
iv) profile Entrants. Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
The Promoter may share your personal information for any purpose incidental to your entering into and our operation of the competition, but will not share, deal with, or sell your personal information to third parties.