Applications for ETU Apprentice of the Year 2019 are open - but you must be quick!
The ETU is running a national competition for apprentices in electrical trades.
The winner of the competition will represent the ETU as a Youth Delegate at the Global Power Trade Union Congress (GPTUC), which is being held in Washington DC, USA from 6-9 October 2019.
Following the GPTUC, the winner will spend and additional week hosted by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and/or the International Union of Elevator Constructors (IUEC). During this week, you will gain a valuable insight into the trade union movement in the USA, learn about different aspects of the electrical trades and how the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system functions in America.
This prize is a once in a lifetime all-expenses paid trip and it is important to remember at all times that you are representing the ETU, and as such, a high standard of behaviour is expected.
To be eligible to participate you must:
• be a financial member of the ETU;
• have a valid passport that expires not before 30/04/2020 or be willing to get one;
• be willing to travel overseas between the dates 4-20/10/2019;
• hold strong union values;
• have a strong work ethic and take pride in your trade;
• demonstrate a commitment to your apprenticeship, including satisfactory progression of on and off the job training requirements;
• have a capacity to work safely, not endanger yourself or others and have the ability to speak up if you see something unsafe at work
When submitting your application, please refer to the selection criteria listed here.
Applications must be submitted by close of business Friday 31 May 2019. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by Friday 7 June 2019. Unsuccessful applicants may not be contacted.
Please forward applications to email@example.com and should you have any questions please contact the ETU National Office on (02) 9663 3699