Assistant National Secretary Allen Hicks, is responsible for the co-ordination of ETU involvement in standards committees. If you have any questions on national standards, standards committees or any suggestions regarding standard committees don't hesitate to contact allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ETU is represented on the following standards committees:
- EL - 001 Wiring Rules AS/NZ 3000 - Overseeing most of the sub-committees dealing with electrical installations. The main body of work is wiring rules and to prepare Australian or joint Australian/New Zealand standards for electrical wiring and related matters. The wiring rules contain essential requirements for ensuring safety from fire and shock, for electrical installations of buildings, structures and premises including temporary and mobile premise.
- EL - 001 - 08 High Voltage Installations Subcommittee
- EL - 001 - 17 Construction and Demolition Sites Installations - looking after the AS 3012 standard regarding construction and demolition site installations.
- EL - 001 - 20 Domestic Electrical Installations
- EL - 44 Safe Working on Low Voltage
- EL - 052 Electrical Energy Networks, Construction and Operation - dealing with standards effecting members in the power industry. The task is the standardization in the field of safe design, construction, maintenance and operation of electricity transmission and distribution networks. It also oversees the migration of ESAA standards to Australian Standards and updates where necessary e.g. live line work standard.
- EL - 052 - 01 High Voltage Live
- ME - 004 Lift Installations
- SF - 004 Occupational Protective Clothing - Standardization in the field of occupational protective apparel used for industrial activities which includes guidance for selection, use and maintenance of such apparel.
- SF - 015 Industrial Safety Belts and Harnesses - To provide suppliers and users (ETU members are the largest group of worker-users) with product specifications and use requirements for a range of personal and common use protective equipment for use in fall protection and industrial rope access.